Asian Girl, 14, is electrocuted by faulty iPhone charger after rolling on to the cable as she slept


Teenager died after being electrocuted by her torn iPhone charger

It is thought she rolled onto cable in her sleep while charger was plugged in

The charger cable had a tear which had been repaired with a piece of tape

A teenage girl has died in Vietnam after being electrocuted in her sleep by her faulty iPhone charging cable.



Le Thi Xoan, aged 14, had reportedly rolled over onto the torn cable and had as a result been exposed to the live wire, police in the Vietnamese capital Hanoi said.

She was found unconscious by her parents and rushed to a local hospital; however, doctors were unable to revive her and pronounced her dead.

Tragedy: Le Thi Xoan is throught to have rolled over in her sleep, onto her broken iPhone charger, and had come into contact with live wire exposed by a tear in the rubber casing

Tragedy: Le Thi Xoan is throught to have rolled over in her sleep, onto her broken iPhone charger, and had come into contact with live wire exposed by a tear in the rubber casing

Medics also confirmed electrocution as the cause of death.

Police found the burnt white cable on her bed and believe a slight tear in the rubber casing may have revealed the live wires inside.

According to investigators, the police believe the girl had plugged her Apple device into charge and laid the iPhone 6 on her bed like she did every night.

Faulty: It is thought that the wire cable is not one supplied by Apple, but a third party device

Share on Google Plus
Scroll Down For More News

Popular Posts